Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
oil Error: mysql_connect(): [2002] No such file or directory
  • mac$ php oil refine migrate:up Error: mysql_connect(): [2002] No such file or directory (trying to connect via unix:///var/mysql/mysql.sock) in /home/shared/fuel/core/classes/database/mysql/connection.php on 79 In case it matters: I am new to the mac development environment. The sample/welcome is working for fuel is working.
    Databases/websites working.
    I'm using XAMPP. Google says to set php.ini as follows: mysql.default_socket = /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/var/mysql/mysql.sock File locations verified, php.ini verified via phpinfo(). This only happens with OIL. The fuel web app connects fine.
  • Hello try reading this page: http://fuelphp.com/dev-docs/installation/troubleshooting.html It really helped a lot of people. hope it helps you too :)
  • (blush) Ack. Of course. The Cerebral Processing Unit is thrashing due to memory faults. It's an age thing. Thank you for taking the time to get me going again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion