Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0
  • Hey everyone. I had Fuel 1.0 running great on my local host, but as soon as I uploaded it to a shared hosting provider and upgraded to v1.0.1, I kept getting the Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0 error whenever I view controllers that don't exist *OR* any file that doesn't exist as a controller. For example, /assets/js/jquery.js would give the error too. I'm guessing Fuel thinks it is a controller and tries to parse it? I've added some htaccess to stop it from messing with the asset files, but it shouldn't of been happening in the first place. It has never happened to me before when using Fuel. I've searched the forums and tried to implement the other solutions people have but none have worked. I was using FastCGI and added the question mark in the htaccess file. I went to just CGI and it still isn't working. I'm using PHP 5.3.5. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks
    NBS
  • It's happening (at least it was for me) when an error is thrown in the error handler. The most common (and unique?) case is the view for the error wasn't found. But I'm not sure how it would happen in a normal scenario...
    Maybe you have restrictions to read files outside of the document_root? That's strange because core config files would share the same issue... What's returned when you execute this code? (in the bootstrap or an existing controller). var_dump(Fuel::find_file ( 'views', 'errors'.DS.'show_php_error', '.php' ) ) ; [edit] Omg I really hates this textarea. Replace ( with opening parenthesis and ) with closing parenthesis...
  • Julian, Thank you very much for your response. I investigated my error view and discovered it contained a query that referenced an non-existing column. -_- I suppose that was throwing the error in the error handler. So it's fixed now, and I'm glad to continue developing with Fuel. NBS
  • Glad it helped! I'm still thinking this could be detected somehow and taken care of. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion