Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
how to properly update fuelphp
  • now that fuelphp1.0 is out, is there a proper way of updating it? I tried the command lines oil package install oil update it's a no go
    im guessing updating through oil is the preferred way?
  • Fuel uses submodules so firstly you're going to have to work out how they work. If not you can just replace all your files manually like you'd do with any other framework. Oil does not handle updates and it was never meant to. git submodule update Should do the trick.
  • @phil updating manually like any other framework is seriously painful. Are fixing pain in the arse things like this not part of what fuel is about?
  • As I said in my last post, this is already done for you: git submodule update
  • shohyuken Setiawan wrote on Sunday 31st of July 2011:
    now that fuelphp1.0 is out, is there a proper way of updating it? I tried the command lines oil package install oil update it's a no go
    im guessing updating through oil is the preferred way?

couldnt you just run the oil install command again via curl it should pull the new version and replace the old one
    $ curl get.fuelphp.com/oil | sh

• I did, and after I execute oil -v it still returns
    Fuel: 1.0-rc3 I am assuming that it is not updated, however when I create a new project, it does return fuel 1.0 PS: perhaps i should have mentioned that I already have a project created and would like to update the existing project's fuelphp
  • What was you initial install? how did you set up your fuel? If it was using git, you can do:
    cd to fuel/core
    git pull #for packages (do same for every package you are using, if any)
    cd packages/orm
    git pull I think it would be good if you'd pick up index.php file from https://github.com/fuel/fuel/blob/master/public/index.php
    since (if I remember correct) it was slightly changed. I think that's all :)
    Some variables could have been appeared in app/config.php - but if you are missing them, they'll fall back to default, and default is often good, and does not need to be changed Good luck!
  • I did all that and I still get 1.0-rc3 when I do oil -v, but when I did git pull, i got already up to date. Resolved the config conflict, went through all the packages update.
    doing a git pull at the root of the app says: already up to date I am thinking either oil -v is not updated or my system is not updated properly?
  • something, somewhere should be yet wrong...
    My output:
    $ oil -v
    Fuel: 1.0

when you got to fuel/core and type: git branch
    what does it tell you?
  • if I create a new fuel project from scratch then yes that's what I would get fuel 1.0
    but doing it on an existing project yields 1.0 rc3
    this is what I got by doing git branch * (no branch)
    master
  • what if you do `git checkout master` (in the core and other dirs) ?
    (but make sure you backup everything, jsut in case)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion