Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
403 permission issues manual install osx
  • I'm wanting to switch over from codeignighter but can't even get started plagued by 403 errors is there something I'm missing?
    iv setup a virtual host fuel.site points to the directory of the unpacked zip
    when i visit it it does a directory list
    changelog.md
    docs(folder)
    oil
    if it ry to go manually to the public folder i get a 403 so i tried a .htaccess still no luck
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /fuel/public
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /fuel/public/public/index.php/$1 [L]
    </IfModule>
  • What happens if you visit /fuel/public/index.php? How have you got your local environment setup? Do you use MAMP or something similar? What's the full URL you're using to access the site?
  • i was using the local osx setup iv had running for years but couldn't get it working downloaded mamp last night working well now.
    obviously some setting wrong in my setup i couldn't find. thanks
    for a all your help now its time for me to actually learn fuel
  • The docroot of the virtual host should point to the location of the index.php file, usually /public within the zip. Unlike with CI, FuelPHP's "system" files are outside the docroot. The .htaccess file that is already in there works without modifications (unless you're using fcgi). If you really want to install everything inside the docroot, move the contents of /public to the docroot, and modify the paths inside index.php to they point to the correct locations again.
  • thanks for the reply iv changed it to point to the public folder but I'm still getting 403 Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.
  • That is usually a rights issue on the server, and has nothing to do with FuelPHP. Check if the user that runs your webserver has access rights to all files in the docroot.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion