Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
URGENT HELP: I get this error when I deployed on a production server
  • How can I resolve this: Everything works perfectly on my local systen, I am running a windows 7 OS + XAMPP. but whe i deploy on the hosting servet i got the following errors: Strict Standards: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/educatio/public_html/index.php on line 11 Notice: Use of undefined constant __DIR__ - assumed '__DIR__' in /home/educatio/public_html/index.php on line 11 Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/educatio/public_html/index.php on line 33 Please any know what I doing wrong.
  • Seems you don't have PHP 5.3 or higher installed. You can run phpinfo() in an empty file to check the PHP version.
  • Without checking all the other things, if __DIR__ does not exist, you're not running PHP 5.3+. So upgrade the production server (or find a hoster that runs a more recent version of PHP). As to the date message "use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function.", this says it all. You need to set a timezone in your php.ini file. The fatal error is because __DIR__ does not exist, so it can't determine the APP and CORE paths...
  • I have upgraded now I get: 'Ooops unexpected error' . It on production mode.......and this is my first fuel deployment oustide my laptop
  • That's most likely a PHP error, which is not displayed in production mode for security reasons. Check your application log file, it will list the error and it's location. If not, enable logging (at at least ERROR level) in your app config file.
  • Yeah... thanks It was the database name I got wrong.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion