Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Separate Core and App folders
  • Is it possible to setup the system with the remote APPPATH? For example I have the framework files on example1.com and the application files on example2.com?

Thanks
  • Depends on what you mean by 'example1.com'.

Can you be more specific to what you want to achieve?
  • So, I have the first domain on the server, It has Fuel Core folder, and the second domain on another server which I want it to has a Fuel App folder + Assets, is it possible?

For example something like this:

1 domain
    /core
    index.php

2 domain
    /app
    /packages
    /assets
    index.php
    oil

Thanks
  • It is not a problem to split core and app, I do it on every server.

I have a central location, outside docroots, that contains different versions:

./fuelphp/1.3/core
    ./fuelphp/1.3/packages
    ./fuelphp/1.4/core
    ./fuelphp/1.4/packages

and so on. For the webservers, I only install the app component, so an installation with fuel/core and fuel/packages removed.

Then, in public/index.php, and in oil, you change the COREPATH and PKGPATH definitions to point to the shared location of your core and package folder. If you use unit tests, you also have to change the paths in the phpunit files.

Alternatively, you can keep the package path unchanged, but add your central package path as a second path in your app/config/config.php. This will allow you to install application specific packages in your applications fuel/packages folder, and have all shared packages in your shared folder.
  • I meant two different servers. COREPATH and PKGPATH on the first server and APPPATH on the second. You cant access APPPATH folder from the first server locally. Is it possible?

Thanks
  • No, the webserver's PHP component needs to be able to read the files.

That is not related to FuelPHP, that's how PHP works.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion