Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
IIS Server Variables
  • For some reason IIS does not like it when you set FUEL_ENV. If I set to "development," than rewrites do not work and get and ambiguous 404 error when I got to any URI other than the application root. FuelPHP works out of the box with included web.config settings so don't go changing a thing without some serious troubleshooting.
  • Where and how did you set FUEL_ENV?

There is no reason why IIS rewrites would fail because of an environment variable, and on the Fuel side, it is only used to load a different set of config files.
  • In truth I was confused with server and environment variables.

As the documentation recommends to set [FuelPHP] Environment with server environment variables. Configuring environment variables on Apache or Nginx is easy; no problem.

However on Microsoft's Internet Information Services (IIS), configuring environment for each site is ridiculous. In the end I was only able to configure my local app running on Windows using FuelPHP application bootstrap as recommended in the docs. Anyways, thank you for your help like always.

• I'll add that IIS link to the docs, in case other people have this problem. Thanks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion