Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
configuration of fuel php in iis
  • Hello every body !

I am a new in fuel php coding . i developped an application with fuel php in my own computer and   it works correctly but i try to put it in production , unfortunatly , it is not possible to create virtual host in the server, because of network confguration . I try to use iis , i have some error with the web config file . does some one can help me about configuration of fuel php in iis???
  • I really need your help , it is an emergency

• Start by explaining what "some error" is.

The web.config that is included in Fuel's public folder is tested and known to work, but hasn't been tested recently, as nobody seems to use IIS (thank god ;-)).
  •  
    I have 500.19 error , 

Error Code   0x8007000d

I try to use iis because  it is not possible to create virtual host to wamp(xamp) on my server  in production 
  • Even with a simple fuel php page , I've got the same error on iis .

• I haven't used Windows in over 10 years and never used IIS, so I'm not of much help.

The description of the error is:  This problem occurs because the ApplicationHost.config file or the Web.config file contains a malformed XML element.

So I would start by double checking your configuration, and move the web.config file out of the public folder. Also, add a simple test.html file to the public folder. If that html file loads, your basic config is ok Then check the index.php by loading it explicitly, it should work without any rewriting and load your apps home page.

Once you've got that working, you can start debugging the web.config, it is very well possible it is no longer compatible with the latest IIS versions.

Doesn't IIS keep a log somewhere (event viewer?) with more details about the error?
  • About the log file on IIS , i don't know but i have to check it
  • When i execute a simple project with a simple php file , All is okey , i can display my php file content to the browser . but in the same time IIS generate is own web.config file

• So what happens with your fuel project if you remove the web.config file from the public folder, and load index.php in your browser? That should work fine without rewrite rules.

If that works, you need to find someone with IIS 7 experience to check that web.config, we don't have it, this version was contributed to us by a user, and as said, it might be out of date.
  • when i remove the web.config file in my public folder , the error changes , it is now  fuel can not find the log folder in fuel for whriting  
  • If i use the web.config generated by iis , it is not possible to whrite in the log file because fuel php could not see it
  • Fatal Error!
    ErrorException [ Fatal Error ]:
    Uncaught exception 'Fuel\Core\FuelException' with message 'Unable to create the log file. The configured log path "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fuelphp\fuel\app\logs\" does not exist.' in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fuelphp\fuel\core\classes\log.php:73 Stack trace: #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fuelphp\fuel\core\classes\log.php(44): Fuel\Core\Log::initialize() #1 [internal function]: Fuel\Core\Log::_init() #2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fuelphp\fuel\core\classes\autoloader.php(377): call_user_func('Log::_init') #3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fuelphp\fuel\core\classes\autoloader.php(249): Fuel\Core\Autoloader::init_class('Log') #4 [internal function]: Fuel\Core\Autoloader::load('Log') #5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fuelphp\fuel\core\base.php(73): spl_autoload_call('Log') #6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fuelphp\fuel\core\classes\errorhandler.php(128): logger(400, 'Error - date_de...', Array) #7 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fuelphp\fuel\core\bootstrap.php(96): Fuel\Core\Errorhandler::exception_handler(Object(Fuel\Core\PhpErrorException)) #8 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Fuel\C

COREPATH//classes/log.php @ line 73
    69        // and make sure it exsts
    70        if ( ! is_dir($path) or ! is_writable($path))
    71        {
    72            \Config::set('log_threshold', \Fuel::L_NONE);
    73            throw new \FuelException('Unable to create the log file. The configured log path "'.$path.'" does not exist.');
    74        }
    76        // determine the name of the logfile
    77        $filename = \Config::get('log_file', null);
    78        if (empty($filename))
    Backtrace
    1.COREPATH/\bootstrap.php @ line 80 
    75        else
    76        {
    77            logger(\Fuel::L_ERROR, 'shutdown - ' . $e->getMessage()." in ".$e->getFile()." on ".$e->getLine());
    78        }
    79    }
    80    return \Errorhandler::shutdown_handler();
    81});
    83set_exception_handler(function ($e)
    84{
    85    // reset the autoloader

Prior Contents (show)

• This is the message from fuel php i get when i try to use the web.config generated by fuel php 
  • But this path : "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fuelphp\fuel\app\logs\"  already existe
  • If the path exists, it must be a rights issue, PHP not allowed to write in that directory. No clue how to deal with that on Windows.
  • Okey , let me check first , I'll come back to you once i have the solution .
    Thanks
  • I try to give permission to my user but I have the same error message , is it possible to remove logs folder and log file from my application for seeing what will appen ??
  • Not without overloading the Log class and create a different Monolog instance.
  • Ouffff! Okey , still looking for solution
  • Sorry I can't be of more assistance, as said I haven't used Windows in over 10 years, and never used IIS or PHP on Windows...
  • Okey , thanks for all .

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion