Love Fuel?    Donate

FuelPHP Forums

Ask your question about FuelPHP in the appropriate forum, or help others by answering their questions.
Using Oil to create more complex tables
  • I understand how oil can create basic tables such as name:varchar[50] age:int etc... However, is there a way to create tables that are more complex, such as in the ORM Creating Models Documentation?
  • Can you be more specific? That page is about models, not about tables...
  • Apologies, that was a bad choice of words. I'll re-phrase: Can oil create models as exampled in the above link just by typing at the command line, so that when I migrate that project it creates a corresponding table? As it stands, I can only create a model, via oil, that contains a basic table structure ie title varchar, content text, id int etc and would then have to type the rest manually. I don't have any problem with this, I just wondered if oil could do it for me?
  • oil can generate models for both Model_Crud and ORM. I thought ORM was the default, but if not, you can add '--orm' on the commandline to tell oil to generate an ORM model.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion